fine (比較級 finer, 最上級 finest)
- The tree frog that they encountered was truly a fine specimen.
- Only a really fine wine could fully compliment Lucía's hand-made pasta.
- 品質の段階の一つ。一般には very goodより上でvery fineの下、mintの下位にある。
- The small scratch meant that his copy of X-Men #2 was merely fine when it otherwise would have been near mint.
- (気象) 晴（は）れ。
- "How are you today?" "Fine."
- "Will this one do? It's got a dent in it" "Yeah, it'll be fine, I guess."
- "It's fine with me if you stay out late, so long as you're back by three."
- "That man is so fine that I'd jump into his pants without a moment's hesitation."
- Grind it into a fine powder.
- When she touched the artifact, it collapsed into a heap of fine dust.
- fine rain 霧雨、小糠雨
- The threads were so fine that you had to look through a magnifying glass to see them.
- They protected themselves from the small parasites with a fine wire mesh.
- 語義1: good, excellent
- 語義4: all right, ok, o.k., okay, hunky-dory
- 語義7: fine-grained, powdered, powdery, pulverised, pulverized, small-grained, fine-threaded
fine (複数 fines)
- The fine for jay-walking has gone from two dollars to thirty in the last fifteen years.
fine (三単現: fines, 現在分詞: fining, 過去形: fined, 過去分詞: fined )
- She was fined a thousand dollars for littering, but she appealed.
- 「終わり、極限」 → 「極上、上質」